ASPEN SNOWMASS, Colo. — For the thirteenth year in a row, Aspen Snowmass will host The Meeting conference, presented by GoPro, Oct. 4-6, which will feature a packed schedule of industry leading panelists and speakers, unique networking opportunities as well as the chance to enjoy outdoor activities such as biking, hiking and yoga.
The conference will focus on content creation, story-telling, marketing, social media, data analysis and technology. New this year, The Meeting conference has expanded to three-days of offerings, inserted in new activities such as a Two Farmtables and a Microphone farm-to-table kick-off dinner as well as expanded panel sessions and individual presentations.
“The new format for the conference at The Meeting has allowed us to explore new topics and bring in unique individuals for presentations and panel discussions that will spark dialog amongst attendees,” says Deric Gunshor, Director of Event Development, Aspen Skiing Company.
“A few of this year’s speakers have been on our list to have participate for a few years and we are thrilled to have them share their experiences with the group.”
The Meeting 13 is produced in partnership with Group Y, an action sports collective focused on uniting industries and igniting ideas.
Throughout the conference, top minds from inside-and-outside the snow sports industry will gather to bring unique perspectives and thought-provoking discussion around a variety of topics rooted in growing outdoor sports as well as businesses that use content to support their brand. The conversation will cover cross-platform digital marketing, brand activation, licensing and connecting action sports with the mainstream as well as touch on emerging technology platforms. The following speakers and panelists are confirmed.
- Geoffrey Colon, Communications Designer, Microsoft. The author of "Disruptive Marketing," Colon is a compelling voice at the intersection of marketing, tech, and popular culture.
- Andy McKeon, Global Customer Marketing Lead, Facebook. A unique global marketer whose background combines work with some of the world’s best companies and advertising agencies with cutting edge experience at some of Silicon Valley's most innovative companies.
- Matt Renner, Vice President for Production, National Geographic. With a career in production spanning such diverse locations as the Bering Sea and the surface of Mars, Renner knows his way around compelling storytelling, and models for leveraging content effectively.
- John Lee, Senior Brand Strategist, Twitter. An accomplished industry speaker and writer, Lee leads a team of creative, strategic and technology experts building custom marketing activations for Fortune 1000 brands.
- Michael O’Conor, Senior Vice President of Business Development, US Olympic Committee. As the leader of the US Olympic Committee's Business Development team, O’Conor is responsible for both annual and long term marketing efforts of the USOC's athletes, events, and digital assets.
- Chris Brinlee, Jr., Storyteller. A former advertising art director, Brinlee is an accomplished storyteller who seeks to inspire would be adventurers through his relatable and humorous celebrations of suffering for such publications as Outside, the Red Bulletin, Huckberry and more.
- Marti Walsh, National Account Sales Director, The Coca Cola Company. In 17 years with the beverage giant, Walsh has amassed a remarkable portfolio of accomplishments, including sports marketing, national partnerships with Powdr Corp, AMC Theatres, among others, as well as development and management of the “My Coke Rewards” customer loyalty program.
Speakers are subject to change with further speakers to be announced soon. For the latest updates regarding The Meeting speakers, visit: www.aspensnowmass.com/while-you-are-here/events/the-meeting.
For the tentative schedule with further information to come soon, click here.
Purchase a conference pass prior to Sept. 8 for the lowest rate of $399. Click here to buy now.
Conference pass includes:
- Conference Sessions / Panels / Keynotes
- Welcome Cocktail Reception
- Networking & Farm-to-Table Dinner
- Thursday Breakfast & Tech Demo
- Get Outside Activities: Mountain Biking, Hiking and Yoga
- Official Meeting swag and Helly Hansen gift
Aspen Snowmass would like to thank The Meeting 13 presented by GoPro sponsors: Head, Bud Light, Helly Hansen, Smith, Red Bull, Perky Jerky, Audi and Bacardi.
For more information about Aspen Snowmass, visit www.aspensnowmass.com or call (800) 525-6200. Follow Aspen Snowmass @aspensnowmass on Twitter and Instagram, @Aspen_Snowmass on Snapchat, or at www.facebook.com/aspensnowmass.
About Group Y
Founded in 2006, Group Y is the original and leading collective of professionals focused on youth marketing, action sports, entertainment and other progressive and expressive cultures. Our mission is to intersect influencers across industries and ignite ideas that inspire the current and next generation leaders and decision makers. Leveraging events, outreach, content and consultation, Group Y takes the work out of networking and strengthens the areas where industries overlap. @GroupY www.GroupYnetwork.com
About Aspen Skiing Company
Aspen Skiing Company operates the four mountains in the Aspen Snowmass area - Snowmass, Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands and Buttermilk - as well as the award-winning Ski & Snowboard Schools of Aspen Snowmass. The area offers unparalleled nightlife and off-slope activities as well. Aspen Snowmass is accessible by two of the most convenient airports in the mountains – Aspen/Pitkin County Airport (ASE) (5 kilometers from Aspen) and Eagle County Airport (EGE) (112 kilometers from Aspen). For more information on Aspen Skiing Company, please call 800-525-6200 or 970-925-1220, or visit the company’s website at www.aspensnowmass.com.