SPY is happy to introduce the Rover, the latest addition to SPY’s collection of outdoor frames featuring the polarized Happy Lens™ and Happy Glass™ technology. Constructed from virtually indestructible Grilamid® and available with anti-scratch, oleophobic, hydrophobic and Spectra™ lens coatings, the Rover comes equipped with Hytrel™ temple tips making it the perfect fit for any land or water activity. As an added bonus, select Rover colorways pass ANSI Z87.1 certification for lens retention and high mass impact resistance.
Available on spyoptic.com and at a SPY retailer near you, MSRP for the Rover ranges from $140 to $250. Seek your happy place in this frame fit for any adventure.
- Soft Matte Black with Happy Glass Gray Green Polar lenses
- Soft Matte Black with Happy Gray Green Polar lenses
- Matte Black ANSI RX with Happy Gray Green lenses
- Matte Black ANSI RX with Happy Yellow lenses
- Matte Black ANSI RX with Clear lenses
- Soft Matte Black with Happy Gray Green Polar w/ Dark Blue Spectra™ lenses
- Black ANSI RX with Happy Gray Green lenses
- Decoy Realtree® Xtra with Happy Bronze Polar w/ Black Mirror lenses
- Soft Matte Camo Tort with Happy Bronze Polar w/ Green Spectra™ lenses
- SPY Happy Lens—a color contrast enhancing lens technology that studies suggest creates an uplift in mood and alertness
- Happy Glass—premium color and contrast enhancing and scratch resistant glass sunglass lenses offering untouchable optical clarity while also featuring Happy Lens™ technology
- Trident™ polarization
- Hytrel™ temple tips to ensure a comfortable fit in all conditions
- 8-base polycarbonate ARC® lenses offering 100% UV protection
- Anti-scratch, oleophobic and hydrophobic lens coatings
- Select colorways pass ANSI Z87.1 certification
SPY’s color and contrast enhancing Happy Lens is the first and only lens technology designed to allow in the sun’s good rays (long-wave blue light) that studies suggest create an uplift in mood and alertness, while still blocking the sun’s bad rays (short-wave blue light and UV rays). Research indicates that exposure through the eyes to these good rays brings about a number of positive physiological changes, including elevated mood and increased alertness. Similar technology is used by lighting manufacturers in products designed to help with Seasonal Affective Disorder. SPY has a patent pending on this “therapeutic eyewear” and is the only eyewear company with this advanced technology.
This video provides a quick outline of the technology behind the Happy Lens: http://youtu.be/WP73w9JhzEw
Shop the Rover: http://bitly.com/spyrover