"Wine down" after the Vans US Open of Surfing with pro surfers
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif., July 21, 2014 — The surfers competing in the upcoming 2014 Vans US Open of Surfing know how to ride a wave, but do they know a Cabernet from a Cuvée? SeaLegs Wine Bar will put them to the test, as owners Alicia Whitney and Lisa Nonemaker host nightly events featuring pro surfers as guest winetenders, powered by Group Y, during the week-long competition. Think of them as bartenders serving wine and beer in the evening after the adrenaline rushes all day.
“Undeniably, the US Open is a daytime experience, but when the sun sets, where could fans go to continue their experience while sampling wine varietals and beer styles?,” asks SeaLegs Wine Bar Co-Owner Alicia Whitney. “With our location adjacent to US Open activities, we’re the prime destination to continue the entertainment and celebrate surfing pros from around the world.”
SeaLegs courted the impressive lineup of pro surfers and other action sports riders to create an exciting series for beachy wine connoisseurs and beer enthusiasts.
· Tuesday, July 29 will feature the official doctor of the US Open – Dr. Bryan Doonan and more
· Wednesday, July 30 will be All-Girls Night at SeaLegs Wine Bar, featuring the Roxy Surf Team, including Lisa Andersen, Roxy team riders, B4BC and others.
· Thursday, July 31, we all become mates, as SeaLegs Wine Bar declares Australian Night and turns tending over to a handful of Australian surfers to include “PT” Peter Townend and others.
· Friday, Aug. 1 will fly high as Red Bull night with legendary BMX pros Corey Bohan and Mike “Hucker” Clark.
· Saturday, Aug. 2, Southern California native Benji Weatherley closes out the week with some surprise guests.
The surfers-turned-winetenders will be serving up libations from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
For more information on the US Open of Surfing winetender nights hosted by SeaLegs Wine Bar, visit SeaLegsWine.com, Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/SeaLegsWineBar) or follow @Sealegswinebar on Instagram. SeaLegs Wine Bar is located at 21022 Beach Blvd., No. 105 in Huntington Beach, and opens its doors every day during these hours:
• Monday-Friday: 4 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
• Saturday: 11 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
• Happy Hour: Monday-Friday from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
• Sunday: 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
About SeaLegs Wine Bar
Located in southeast Huntington Beach near the water, SeaLegs Wine Bar offers an inviting experience for guests to enjoy a selection of limited production wines, hand-selected craft beers and a seasonal California small plates menu that is tempting to the palate. The Hampton’s inspired décor with a stunning glass encased 2,000-bottle wine cellar as backdrop creates an immediate warmth and sophistication balanced by its relaxed local clientele. For more information, visit sealegswinebar.com.
About GROUP Y
GROUP Y is the original and leading collective of professionals focused on youth marketing, action sports, entertainment and other progressive and expressive cultures. Our mission is to share insights across industries and ignite ideas that inspire the current and next generation leaders and decision makers. www.GroupYnetwork.com