Outdoor + Snow Show Highlights
Outdoor Retailer unites the outdoor and snowsports industries next week for Outdoor + Snow Show. The tradeshow will bring the community together and feature more than 1,000 global brands exhibiting the latest gear and innovations across all winter sports categories. The show runs January 29-31, 2020, at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver, with education and events getting underway the day prior on January 28, 2020, and the SIA/WWSRA On-Snow Demo to follow from February 3-4, 2020, in Winter Park, Colorado.
“The industry has rallied around this combined show with more than 9,000 buyers and 1,000 designers registered to attend, and we’re adding more every day. You can feel the energy as we head into what will be valuable days to come together to do business and discover ways we can help each other, and our industry grow,” said Marisa Nicholson, Outdoor Retailer senior vice president and show director. “We are really looking forward to having the whole community under one roof in the heart of the winter buying season.”
The show’s second night, January 30, will be highlighted by the second annual Outdoor Retailer Innovation Awards presented by PayPal Credit. A panel of judges selected 30 finalists – innovative products, materials, and retail services – and the winners will be unveiled during a live ceremony starting at 6:30 p.m. in the Four Seasons Ballroom in the Colorado Convention Center.
A full schedule of education sessions and industry events will be available to attendees throughout each day of the show. Programming will take place on all three levels of the Colorado Convention Center in education areas, plus popular show zones return to provide space to network and connect, including the Scandinavian Village and LUXE.
Venture Out, the show zone highlighting modern outdoor trends, will have a new look. The space will feature new turnkey booths, new signage, and new seating in The RANGER Station all fabricated from sustainable materials by GREENSPACE and designed in conjunction with RANGE.
Among other show highlights during the week:
- Finalists for the second annual Outdoor Retailer Innovation Awards presented by PayPal Credit will be on display in the Innovation Gallery on the show floor at the Colorado Convention Center. The gallery is located near the main registration area on the Street Level.
- Show attendees are invited to join the Rad in Plaid party on Night 1, January 29. All are encouraged to wear plaid for the outdoor event, held across the street from the Colorado Convention Center at 14th & California after the show closes.
- Presented by Winter Wildlands Alliance and Backcountry Film Festival, the third annual Night of Stoke winter edition continues the tradition of celebrating the outdoor community. An exclusive lineup of films from the 15th Annual Backcountry Film Festival, plus new films, share experiences from outdoor adventurers, athletes, and activists who are turning passion into action. The festival will be held at the Bellco Theater immediately following the Innovation Awards (8 p.m.). It’s free to all show badge holders and open to the public with admission.
- The CBD + Wellness zone and the Overland Experience with education and displays curated by the Overland Journal are back from Summer Market and making their debut at the winter show.
- Upcycling will be put into action in two locations. At the Textile Repurposing Station, student designers from Utah State University Outdoor Product Design & Development will upcycle scrap materials into functional designs and create neck gaiters and goggle bags free for attendees. In Venture Out, attendees can pick up a free upcycled airbrushed t-shirt from Element and RE/UP.
- Icelantic’s Winter on the Rocks returns to Red Rocks Amphitheatre for a one-of-a-kind experience celebrating the convergence of music, art, community and snow. This year’s lineup includes ZHU, THEY., SNBRN, and DJ Matt Cassidy and is open to the public. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and tickets can be purchased online now.
- Outdoor + Snow Show is followed by the SIA/WWSRA On-Snow Demo from February 3-4 at Winter Park (ski and snowboard) and February 3 at Devil’s Thumb Ranch (Nordic). The industry’s largest international on-snow demo, attendees can test the latest equipment and accessories from both up-and-coming and established brands. Demo registration is open and additional Winter Park lift ticket discounts are available for attendees.
The Daily, the show’s official daily publication, also aids attendees and exhibitors with insight and a full schedule for each day of the show.Outdoor + Snow Show’s pre-show edition is online now, and the show day issues will be distributed in Denver and available at outdoorretailer.com.
Registration is open for Outdoor + Snow Show. The show is co-located with Winter Sports Market (January 26-28, 2020), the annual trade show for specialty retailers and invited suppliers co-hosted by Snowsports Merchandising Corp. (SMC) and Sports Specialists Ltd. (SSL), and is followed by the SIA/WWSRA On-Snow Demo.
Outdoor + Snow Show is one of two shows hosted by Outdoor Retailer annually in Denver. Summer Market will return to the Colorado Convention Center from June 23-25, 2020. For information on sponsorship opportunities around Outdoor Retailer shows and events, contact Krista Dill, director of sales, at email@example.com or an Outdoor Retailer account executive.
About Outdoor Retailer
Outdoor Retailer, the largest U.S. tradeshow and premier business event for the outdoor industry, brings together retailers, manufacturers, industry advocates and media to conduct the business of outdoor recreation through trade shows, Outdoor Retailer Magazine, product demo events, media events and web-based business solutions. The Outdoor Retailer trade shows are the premier outdoor industry events for North America, providing platforms for critical face-to-face business initiatives, line previews, innovations, launches, networking and retailer education. Visit outdoorretailer.com for more information.
Outdoor Retailer is owned by Emerald Expositions, a leading operator of business-to-business trade shows in the United States. The company currently operates 60 trade shows, as well as numerous other face-to-face events. In 2018, Emerald’s events connected over 500,000 global attendees and exhibitors and occupied nearly 7 million net square feet of exhibition space.