Top Viewed Stories of 2020
2020 was a newsy year for the world and for the action sports industry.
The pandemic and its impacts dominated the headlines this year, with stories about furloughs, corporate reorganizations and restrictions popular with SES readers.
Despite the crisis, there was also good industry news including the surge in new participants and in hardgoods sales, the launch of new brands, and new executive appointments.
The year also included sad news about the passing of industry legend Michael Tomson, the co-founder of Gotcha.
Here is the list of our top-viewed stories of the year.
Top Viewed – All Stories
- Lender Seizes Active Ride Shop
- Volcom Furloughs Majority of Staff
- Nordstrom Announces Store Closures, Company Restructuring
- New Orange County Health Restrictions to Impact Industry Stores and Brands
- Bob Hurley Comments on Changes at Hurley
- Michael Tomson Passes Away
- Nordstrom to Furlough Corporate Employees
- VF Corp. Continues to Protect Employees
- Brands Weigh In on Wetsuit Surge
- Dakine to Close Hood River Offices
- Hurley Family to Launch Apparel Line with John John Florence
- Rob Dyrdek and Stance Co-Founder Launch New Sock Brand
- Oahu Issues New Lockdown Order
- Global Skateboard Sales Surge Outstrips Supply
- Job Cuts Come to Adidas
- Zumiez to Protect Full-Time Employees
- Nike Announces Major Reorganization, Job Cuts
- Burton Names New Global Marketing Leader, New Creative Director
- Brand Leaders Paint Grim Picture
- Boardriders CEO on Preparing for the Post Coronavirus World
- Some Landlords Offer Rent Relief to Retailers
- Boardriders Sells Xcel Wetsuits
- La Jolla Group CEO on the Difficult Furlough Decision
- Sarah Crockett to Join Backcountry as CMO
- Channel Islands Surfboards CEO and Employees Take Back Ownership of Company
- Boardriders CEO on U.S. Shipping Problems
- Vans President on the Leadership Lessons Learned During the Pandemic and Protests
- What’s Working at Oakley Plus Costa Integration Plans
- Burton Cancels Burton US Open
- Fox Racing Prepares For Next Chapter