Direct Edge Celebrates 20th Anniversary
2021 marks the 20th anniversary of Direct Edge media, and the rapidly growing full-service print communications company is celebrating its milestone by expanding its corporate headquarters in Orange County, California as part of its continued long-term growth strategy. Since its beginning, Direct Edge has worked closely with action sports brands including Vans, Quiksilver, Billabong, RVCA, Roxy, Tillys, Fox, etnies, ThirtyTwo, Hoonigan, Volcom, Havaianas, VonZipper and many more industry brands.
This expansion will bring Direct Edge’s global footprint to nearly 175,000 square feet, with 42,000 square feet dedicated to inventory and supply chain management solutions for its clients. This includes further growing Direct Edge’s kitting and fulfillment departments and the ability to offer third party logistics capabilities.
This increased facility space comes off the heels of Direct Edge’s acquisition of Sign Language XL in Denver, Colorado last year and adding a second facility in Anaheim earlier this year, which focuses on commercial printing. The new facility allowed space for the addition of a new Koenig and Bauer Rapida 105 six color UV press and a Fujifilm JPress 750S inkjet printer, with the goal to continuously provide Direct Edge clients with the highest print quality while minimally impacting costs.
“We are very proud of the growth and evolution of services Direct Edge has been able to provide our clients for the past 20 years,” said Ryan Brueckner, CEO and Co-founder of Direct Edge. “By expanding our kitting and fulfillment capabilities, we can drive more efficiencies and cost savings that will directly benefit our clients who are looking for a more comprehensive printing and business optimization solution.”
“Direct Edge’s growth is a testament of how far we have come since we first opened our doors in 2001,” Said Ryan Clark, Co-founder of Direct Edge. “We are humbled by the trusted partnerships we have built the past two decades and believe these advancements will continue to benefit our clients and allow us to grow our business and team members in the years ahead.”
20 Years of Direct Edge
Direct Edge has made three acquisitions in the last five years, and the company’s growth is demonstrated by its milestones in this timeline:
- 2001 – Direct Edge started with a 20 x 20 office located in Anaheim, CA
- 2001 to 2008 – As Direct Edge evolved, it continued to move multiple times, each into a bigger space.
- 2008 – The company finally expands into a 20,000 sq. ft standalone building in Orange, CA.
- 2016 – Launched Direct Edge Denver! This was through the acquisition of Great Big Color and rebranding it as Direct Edge Denver.
- 2017 – Needing more space, Direct Edge moved to its current headquarters to Anaheim, CA
- 2018 – Direct Edge’s second acquisition – The company acquired Printing Division and rebranded it Direct Edge Orange.
- 2019 – Direct Edge purchased a second Anaheim facility and begins remodeling on the 26,000 sq ft space
- 2020 – Acquisition number three for Direct Edge – Direct Edge acquired Sign Language XL from AEG and moved Direct Edge Denver into the building.
- 2021 – The second Anaheim facility is complete! Direct Edge moves litho plant from Orange and installs a brand-new Koenig and Bauer Six Color and Fuji JPress 750S into its new home. Direct Edge corporate doubles the size of its headquarters.
With more than 500 clients throughout the U.S. and more than 150 employees, Direct Edge continues to offer all its services in-house – from developers and structural designers to production and account management.