Columbia Sportswear and Bubba Wallace Launch New Collection
Columbia Sportswear is proud to announce the launch of a new special-edition product collection created in collaboration with NASCAR Cup Series driver and brand ambassador Bubba Wallace. Combining both style and function, the Bubba Wallace Collection is outdoor activewear that’s built to relax and available beginning February 2.
The Bubba Wallace Collection marks Columbia’s first signature collection developed with a sponsored athlete and comes on the heels of his historic win at Talladega. Wallace worked directly with Columbia’s product team to design this distinct collection, visiting Columbia headquarters in Portland to select styles and fabrics as well as advise on colorways and design details.
While Wallace is best-known as a groundbreaking NASCAR driver, he is much more than a pioneer on the racetrack. This special-edition collection was influenced by life off the track where he spends time as an avid photographer, outdoor enthusiast, and everyday adventurer. Together with Columbia’s design team, Wallace built each piece of the collection with form and function, performance and comfort, style and substance in mind.
“For me, being a trendsetter while also breaking down barriers and making our sport more inclusive has always been a goal,” said Bubba Wallace. “The Bubba Wallace Collection, in conjunction with Columbia Sportswear, achieves those same goals from an apparel standpoint. The line is different; it’s bold, it stands out, all while making sure you’re comfortable in your elements. When you’re comfortable, whether it be within your own skin or your clothing, nothing is out of reach. I’m grateful for Columbia Sportswear and the ability to collaborate with them on this line, and I look forward to growing with them on and off of the track.”
As a nod to Wallace’s 23XI Racing Team, the collection features pops of red and black for a striking effect. Hits of gold on the zippers and logo add a touch of regality to the collection and embody Bubba’s winning mentality. Additionally, a signature camo print featuring the Bubba Wallace logo is layered into the design of multiple pieces throughout the collection.
Columbia’s latest technologies shine in the Bubba Wallace Lightweight Puffer Jacket featuring their most advanced thermal-reflective lining, Omni-Heat Infinity, which uses an expanded pattern of gold dots to reflect body heat without sacrificing breathability. The head-to-toe collection features 7 styles ranging from outwear to sportswear to footwear:
- Lightweight Puffer Jacket (MSRP $160) – Omni-Heat Infinity, Columbia’s most advanced thermal-reflective lining, combines with synthetic down insulation for lightweight, high-efficiency warmth. Zippered chest and hand pockets provide utility while custom elements like Bubba Wallace’s signature logo, an eye-catching camo print, and pops of red and gold create a jacket that stands up to weather while standing out in a crowd.
- Wildone Heritage Shoe (MSRP $120) – This special-edition shoe combines advanced water-and-stain repellency and lightweight responsive cushioning with a stylish camo print overlay and gold embroidery on the tongue.
- Quarter Zip Long Sleeve (MSRP $75) – On the trail or around town, this lightweight special-edition pullover is built for comfort and performance. A soft fleece feel combines with active features like thumbholes, chin guard, and double-panel mesh on the sides and back for extra breathability. Unique color-blocking and gold-leaf contrast stitching deliver an eye-catching look that subtly incorporates Bubba Wallace’s logo.
- Crew Neck Sweatshirt (MSRP $60) – This crew neck sweatshirt is built for comfort and offers a cotton-blend fabric and side panels for dynamic body movement and a chest pocket for added utility. Unique color-blocking on the chest, red piping inside the collar, and Bubba Wallace’s insignia combine for a custom design ready to be worn anywhere.
- Knit Jogger (MSRP $80) – A special-edition jogger built for going fast—or taking it slow. Features like a classic tapered silhouette, soft cotton-blend fabric, drawstring, mesh internal pockets, and back security pocket combine for the perfect versatile pants for hitting the trail or hanging out at home.
- Short Sleeve Graphic Tee (MSRP $30) – An active tee with the classic comfort of 100% organic cotton, this short-sleeve shirt features a custom print combining the Columbia and Bubba Wallace logos.
- Ball Cap (MSRP $30) – A special-edition ball cap featuring a custom camo print and breathable mesh back along with Columbia and Bubba Wallace logos and an adjustable snapback closure for a just-right fit.
The Bubba Wallace Collection is available in limited quantities on Columbia.com and in select Columbia retail locations on Feb. 2, 2022. For high-resolution images and more details about the collection, please visit this link.
Columbia, the flagship brand of Portland, Oregon-based Columbia Sportswear Company, has been creating innovative apparel, footwear, accessories and equipment for outdoor enthusiasts since 1938. Columbia has become a leading global brand by channeling the company’s passion for the outdoors and innovative spirit into technologies and performance products that keep people warm, dry, cool and protected year-round. To learn more, please visit the company’s website at www.columbia.com.
About Bubba Wallace
Bubba, a six-time NASCAR national series winner, first made news headlines in 2013 when he became the first Black driver in nearly 50 years to win a NASCAR national series race and again in 2018 when he joined the NASCAR Cup Series full-time. Most recently, while driving for his current team, 23XI Racing, which is co-owned by Michael Jordan and Denny Hamlin, Bubba became the first African-American to win a NASCAR Cup Series race in over 50 years. If he’s not on the track, you can find Bubba exploring the outdoors, camera in hand, with his fiancé Amanda and dog Asher.