Emerald, a leader in building dynamic market platforms that integrate live events and media, is seeking a motivated sales professional to join our Outdoor Retailer team as an Account Executive. Outdoor Retailer has the premiere B2B tradeshows supporting the business behind human powered sports. We work closely with hundreds of customers that share a passion for the outdoors, snowsports, water sports, and lifestyle. Our tight-knit sales team is made up of exceptional team members who genuinely enjoy working together to create the best value for our Outdoor and Snow Sports clients.
As an Account Executive, you’ll manage a territory of predominately international accounts to sell booth space, sponsorships, and advertising for two national shows, a print magazine, a show daily, and a digital publication. We make it our business to know the business of our customers, and pride ourselves on the ability to build custom sponsorship packages and integrated marketing solutions that add maximum value.
The best candidate for this position will be an expert in consultative sales, be relaxed and engaging across all forms of communication (face-to-face, phone, email), and skilled in navigating challenges with a customer-first mindset. You should thrive in a collaborative, inclusive, and goal-driven environment – and although it’s not required, it’s a plus if you’re interested in the outdoor and snow sports industries. This position will be based full-time in San Juan Capistrano with the rest of our Outdoor Retailer sales team. However, due to company-wide office closures related to COVID precautions, this position will likely begin work in a remote capacity.
- Communicate with clients at various stages of the show cycle including contracting booth space, managing expectations, and consulting on sponsorships/advertising opportunities
- Manage the sales process including maintaining a pipeline, maintaining accurate records in our CRM (Salesforce), and tracking data to accurately forecast and report on progress
- Complete call and email campaigns that support renewals, prospects, and winbacks within your territory
- Utilize market knowledge and our event’s value proposition to build strong relationships with influential and/or advocate accounts
- Create integrated marketing solutions tailored to client’s unique objectives, including custom digital media packages
- Identify new products, trends and opportunities to increase revenue or attendance where appropriate, including expansion of your international territory
- Provide consistent communication to management, team, and clients regarding challenges and opportunities
- BS/BA degree preferred
- At least 5 years of sales experience
- Background in B2B digital media sales
- Background in B2B events or trade show experience is a plus
- Proficiency in Salesforce or similar CRM
- Great attitude and willingness to take ownership
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to accept feedback and direction well
Emerald is a leader in building dynamic, market-driven business-to-business platforms that integrate live events with a broad array of industry insights, digital tools, and data-focused solutions to create uniquely rich experiences. As true partners, we at Emerald strive to build our customers’ businesses by creating opportunities that inspire, amaze, and deliver breakthrough results. With over 140 events each year, our teams are creators and connectors who are thoroughly immersed in the industries we serve and committed to supporting the communities in which we operate. For more information, please visit http://www.emeraldx.com.