The Ecommerce Planner is responsible for setting and achieving sales and inventory plans for the Igloocoolers.com ecommerce business that align with financial targets as well as company objectives. This role will be based in Irvine, CA and report into the VP of Ecommerce, but will work closely with the planning team based in Texas. The ideal candidate will have the ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with high critical thinking skills.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze sales and inventory position, provide constructive insights and direction to site merchandiser and planning team at SKU and category level. Use historical sales to ensure optimal quarterly and seasonal assortments and identify/react to in-season opportunities and misses.
- Analyze sales reports at SKU level to identify opportunity and devise seasonal/annual projections by and category to evaluate SKU productivity.
- Initiate and develop actionable analysis to recap business by classification at a top line, as well as, work closely with the DTC product manager to create exclusive product strategies to drive sales.
- Manage and update monthly open-to-buy at a category level.
- Work with Ecommerce and IT teams to streamline data and automate reports.
- Recap business by classification, style, color and sizes to create best seller/hindsight reports on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to allow for thorough analysis of the business.
- Produce weekly reports recapping sales, inventory and gross margin vs. plan and projection by product type.
- Work with Ecommerce Merchandise Manager to maintain pricing in alignment with MAP and be able to plan promotion pricing to drive inventory forecasts. As well as, ensure there is alignment with cross functional teams for consistent market pricing.
- Work with production on ensuring appropriate levels of inventory on key styles remain in stock and initiate purchase/production orders to main an identified number of weeks of supply based on lead time.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Experience: Minimum of three (3) years planning, inventory management and/or purchasing experience.
- English Language skills: Able to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Physical Demands: General Office environment.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Project management skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Leadership skills.
- Good judgement.
- Planning & organization skills.