Emerald is seeking a Marketing Manager to support Outdoor Retailer, a b2b event and media brand focused on the people, ideas, and products that shape the outdoor experience. The Outdoor Retailer trade show is held twice a year and supplemented by Outdoor Retailer Magazine, a monthly digital publication, as well as The Daily, a print publication distributed onsite at our events.
The Marketing Manager leads the development and execution of marketing plans to achieve attendance goals for Outdoor Retailer. With a deep understanding of our brand and audience, this role will create and execute ROI-focused multichannel b2b campaigns to increase brand and product awareness and increase conversion. This collaboration-heavy role partners with the Sr. Marketing Director to provide insights that influence the overall marketing strategy, as well as Sales and Content to create and track campaigns.
The Marketing Manager should be a passionate creator who is data-driven, agile, and collaborative. A positive attitude and the ability to independently drive projects forward, meet deadlines, and raise work equally well across collaborative and independent work environments are essential to success, as well as excellent project management, attention to detail, and prioritization skills.
- Lead the development and execution of bottom-up, ROI-focused multichannel b2b marketing campaigns that achieve audience goals by increasing brand/product awareness, increasing conversion/registrations through up-sells/cross-sells, nurturing prospects, and generating qualified net-new leads
- Conceptualize, execute, and manage automated email nurturing programs to increase registrations and conversions for additional events, products, and services
- Identify growth opportunities and prospect lists
- Grow new leads, including marketing-qualified leads, by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content (including offers)
- Execute and manage nurture campaigns across various marketing channels including PPC marketing, OOH marketing, social media, cross-promotions, print advertising, event marketing, direct mail, and others
- Coordinate endemic social media campaigns and channels to increase awareness, drive registrations, and engage community
- Collaborate with the Sr. Marketing Director to disseminate relevant content including case studies, infographics, videos, podcasts, reports, white papers, and others
- Deliver accurate, timely, and visual integrated reports from multiple sources to continuously inform marketing strategy and recap marketing campaign performance
- Manage post-registration attendee communications to increase verification (attendance at event) and deliver relevant information relating to promotions and event logistics to ensure customer success
- Support messaging development and optimization for advertisers, attendees, and sponsors
- Collaborate with internal Registration team to develop registration website collateral, provide requirements for audience and press website setup, and test website before launch to create a seamless customer experience
- Assist with event mobile app
- Responsible for maintaining and tracking the audience marketing budget; monitoring performance by channel to recommended adjustments for performance improvement
- Experience building, automating, executing, and analyzing performance of email campaigns using tools such as Pardot and Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Experience building, scheduling, executing, and analyzing social and digital advertising campaigns
- Experience creating and managing marketing content, including writing campaigns, managing websites, and circulating existing digital content through marketing channels
- Experience defining and translating data into actionable insights that influence marketing strategy
- Creative mindset with a history of conceiving new and innovative campaigns
- Proactive work style that demonstrates the ability to effectively prioritize, multitask, and identify potential challenge areas
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate successfully with multiple functional groups internally (sales, editorial, etc) and externally (clients, vendors, etc.)
- Experience with CRM systems, sales management tools, project management tools and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, Canva etc., a plus
To support our commitment to provide a healthy and safe work environment we require all of our team members to have received the COVID-19 vaccine. We utilize CLEAR as our verification partner.
Emerald’s talented and experienced teams grow our customers’ businesses 365 days a year with products that create connections, deliver content, and drive commerce. We expand connections that drive new business opportunities, product discovery, and relationships by producing over 140 annual events. We create and deliver content through print and digital channels to ensure our customers are on the cutting-edge of their industries and can continuously develop their skills. And we power commerce through our seamlessly integrated in-person and digital platforms and channels that provide efficient year-round buying and selling opportunities. It’s our business to grow yours. For more information, please visit http://www.emeraldx.com.
Emerald offers benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), uncapped vacation for exempt team members, sick days, short-term and long-term disability, maternity and parental leave, flexible savings accounts, paid holidays, life and AD&D insurance.