Ron Jon Surf Shop is seeking to add two Buyer positions for our Ron Jon Apparel and Accessory areas. A leader in the surf industry for over 60 years, we seek to find only the best and brightest professionals. Our merchants are entrusted to provide a quality shopping experience to our guests through exciting assortments and competitive pricing; to act as role model to display positive attitude, effectively multi-task and problem solve daily. Our Buyers are responsible for the ongoing product development, planning, selection and purchasing of select categories of merchandise to be sold in our retail stores and on our website. Buyers are also responsible for sourcing new items and reviewing existing inventory to ensure all categories remain current and fresh, as well as ensuring pricing remains competitive.
We offer competitive pay and a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, 401(k), Paid Time Off and Tuition Reimbursement. This position allows for a work/life balance and a Monday-Friday work week.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Selection and/or development of product as well as negotiating prices, quantities and delivery times.
- Budget management as it relates to ordering and ability to evaluate prior sales and sales trends to establish future needs.
- Managing OTB by analyzing business, effectively taking markdowns, increasing or canceling orders as needed.
- Strong organizational and communication skills both within the company and with outside vendors.
- Ensure stock levels are maintained year round being able to monitor and adjust inventory levels as needed.
- Managing and/or effectively partnering with data entry associate.
Major Skills/Physical Requirements:
- Ability to maintain effective working relationship with coworkers and vendors.
- Ability to work effectively under stressful situations.
- Ability to learn new processes and procedures as protocols change.
- Ability to work well with others to achieve company goals.
- Ability to listen, ask appropriate questions, and speak clearly and coherently.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 18 years or older.
- College degree preferred. Experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Some overnight travel required
- Pass a pre-employment drug screening.
- Able to commit to a regular schedule.
- 2-4 years buying experience in a multi-store retail environment.