North America Sales Manager
The North America Sales Manager is responsible for cultivating, establishing, and growing Slowtide’s multi-channel wholesale business. This role will build and maintain strong relationships with existing and new accounts, creating and executing strategic plans as well as clearly articulating product and marketing needs to drive revenue and achieve goals.
What You’ll Do
- Manage, support and grow business with our retail accounts
- Understand the unique needs of our multi-channel accounts (department stores, fashion, athletic, action sports, resort, boutique, etc) and tailor business strategies to each.
- Assist the VP of Sales to build and execute strategic plans designed to grow sales
- Foster and cultivate strong business relationships with buyers through timely follow-up, active listening, partnership-focused communication, best-in-class support, business acumen, integrity, and understanding and relating to their account’s specific needs.
- Work closely with planning team to analyze in-season (weekly / monthly / quarterly) retail sales performance and, as a result, capture all reorder opportunities.
- Anticipate industry trends and apply those insights to create new business opportunities
- Prepare and provide post-market feedback after each selling season.
- Prepare and schedule market appointments with accounts. Travel for key meetings, events, tradeshows, & market reviews.
- Work with buyers/accounts on seasonal prebooks and in-season AO orders
- Schedule and complete shop demos and clinics
- Partner with merchandising & design to create compelling seasonal line showings, specific and relevant to that individual account’s unique personalities, region, competition, and needs.
- Oversee Customer Support Specialist for order entry, order management and RA’s
- Analyzing weekly and seasonal reports and tracking sales goals
- Assist VP of Sales with:
- Assortment plans
- Sell thru reporting
- Suggested orders/style replacement
- Linesheets & order forms
- Ad-hoc projects
Who You Are
- Communicator: Dynamic, articulate & well-spoken. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation & negotiation skills.
- Organized & Detailed: Ability to focus, prioritize and meet deadlines and help others meet them too.
- Self-Starter: Ability to take something and run with it with little direction needed and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Entrepreneurial: Relentless passion for learning and for constant improvement.
- Strategic: Sets vision and creates long-term goals to achieve it.
- Analytical: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Compelling: Sales personality with a hunger to chase and close new business
- 5+ years of wholesale experience in the retail industry.
- Excellent organization, negotiation, communication and presentation skills.
- A competitive spirit for business.
- Desire and ability to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Market knowledge across different types of national retailers (i.e department stores, fashion, athletic, action sports, resort, etc.).
- Track record in delivering sales results through creative and strategic selling.
- Startup mentality: scrappy, creative, and constantly iterating to be best-in-class
- Extensive experience selling accessories and more specifically an emerging category will be highly regarded.
- Ability to travel as required to build relationships and meet the needs of our key accounts.
- In-depth understanding of retail math and analytics.
- Strong understanding of Excel, sales analysis, reporting and forecasting.
- Background in action sports, traditional sports, or fashion industry strongly preferred.
- Passion for sales, brand-building, disrupting an age-old industry, and of course…towels!
You’ll love working at Slowtide because:
- Opportunity for growth. Slowtide is a fast-growing startup with lots of opportunities for career development.
- Flexibility. We encourage proper work/life balance. While we do work hard and put in a lot of hours, we also believe in the value of having a life outside of the workplace. Things like a flexible schedule, flexible time-off policy, and a hybrid remote/in-office schedule.
- We value people and our team. Company culture is important to us. Things like team building off-sites, volunteering, and happy hours are just a few examples. We probably spend more time with our team than anyone else, so why not have fun together!
- Embracing the entrepreneurial spirit. Being a part of a startup means that there’s never a dull moment and that you’ll likely be involved in a lot of opportunities that may fall outside of your typical job description. Whether it be helping with an event or being a part of cross-functional meetings, there are always new things to learn.
- Free towels! (plus discounts for friends & family)
Slowtide created a new medium for art, catering to a love of the beach, nature, travel, and comfort. Started by three friends that left their corporate jobs, Slowtide took a category that was otherwise mundane and turned it into a work of art. Blending design and functionality, Slowtide collaborates with brands, artists, and photographers to bring beautiful, unique designs, all while maintaining premium, sustainable quality. Join Slowtide as we help pioneer change through community outreach, education, and donation.
Our workplace is dynamic, supportive and entrepreneurial in spirit, and we pride ourselves on being a collaborative, open-minded and imaginative team. When you work at Slowtide, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side.
Reports to: Co-founder/VP of Sales
Position/Compensation: Full-time position with base salary, commission and/or bonus and standard company benefits.