Senior Product Designer
We are currently seeking a Senior Product Designer to join our team in Carlsbad, CA. The Senior Product Designer role is an in-office position and supports the entire Hemlock team across a variety of design tasks including product development, packaging design, trend research and execution of all tech packs and production materials. We are seeking a dynamic and self-driven Senior Product Designer that can excel in this growing organization and lead the development of our new headwear initiatives.
Product and Technical Design
- Develop, revise, and manage all digital files and tech packs for product, trims, and packaging design.
- Lead the product development process from conception to production, including the management of prototypes and sample stage process.
- Effectively communicate and work with our Sourcing and Production Manager to meet deadlines and critical design due dates.
- Ideate, render, and prototype concepts with a wide variety of compelling colors, materials, and finishes.
- Communicate and work closely with our network of freelance creators, textile artists, photographers, and other media contacts to ensure quality and precision of art or designs required for projects, development, and collections.
- Compile and support on-going production documentation with precise attention to detail.
- Record and document design comments for each stage in the development and production process.
- Analyze and deliver clear and concise feedback to ensure accurate quality and execution of final production assets and deliverables.
- Ensure samples meet tech pack requirements and lead reviews with cross-functional teams to evaluate and suggest solutions for any QC issues or product concerns.
- Work closely with production for all R&D and sampling needs for future products and accessories.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities to develop innovative strategies for color, materials, trims, and finish.
- Work with partnering brands on in-house collaborations, licensed goods, and other cross- branded projects.
- Communicate with domestic and overseas suppliers as needed.
- A keenness for identifying consumer needs, defining clear solutions, and delivering those through detailed design.
Brand and Trend Direction
- Identify trends and seek inspiration for new seasonal collections, pattern and print ideas, textile development and design concepts for all current and future products.
- Proactively provide compelling color palettes and deliver on trend advice for new prints, product styles and brand vision.
- Help coordinate details for photoshoots or marketing campaigns to assist in providing creative direction for our digital platforms and brand identity.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of product design experience required.
- Adobe Suite proficiency required (Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Prior experience designing products and packaging within apparel, accessories and/or headwear is preferred.
- Knowledge of garment and accessory construction standards, textiles/fabrics, trims, finishing and manufacturing methods is a plus.
- Attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Deadline driven is a must.
- Basic understanding of the metric system.
- Drawing or Illustration is a plus.
- Looking for a self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Please provide a portfolio, website link, or design resume.
Hemlock Hat Company is a headwear brand devoted to exploring the relationship of individual style, endless expression, and functionality. Based in San Diego, California, we embrace an active lifestyle and work hard to share this culture and passion through our products. Our goal is to provide a visual and personal connection with each piece we offer and promote a unique headwear experience.
- Create and develop high quality headwear across multiple categories within the product space.
- Build and create dynamic brand content to help share our brand voice and vision.
- Become a dominant headwear company in the domestic market and worldwide.