Sr Apparel Graphic Designer
Main Purpose and Major Challenges of the Role
This role is responsible to Design and Develop graphics for seasonal and smu T-shirts from concept to completion.
- Extensive research is required on graphics, trims, branding and new developments to ensure brand is market leading in the Tee shirt category
- Conduct domestic shopping and online research within the surf market and trend forward avenues
- Identify new looks in order to evolve the brand
- Complete accurate tech packs for each style including relevant codes, colorways and artwork colorways
- Liaise with Product Development to complete approval & salesman sample comments
- Design and develop the tee shirt product range to the Line Plan requirements
- Design and develop all tee shirt SMU styles
- Design to key brand values and Rip Curl culture (The Search, technology, fun, irreverence)
- Follow regional design timeline process
- Work with all involved departments to ensure timely delivery of new product for range reviews, graphic reviews, sample reviews, scheduled photo shoots and range release
Qualification & Experience Requirements
- Minimum 5 years experience in graphic design
- The ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Ability to work within rigid deadline parameters
- Accurately predict fashion trends and implement in a timely fashion into range / injection developments
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- A belief and understanding of the Rip Curl brand values.
- Highly organized, with the ability to coordinate numerous concurrent projects
- Highly tenacious in following through detail problems
- Flexibility of working outside normal working hours.