Front End Web Developer
This position is to develop and support a wide variety of digital initiatives across North American digital portfolio including websites, mobile, loyalty, social media, email marketing, and apps.
ABOUT THE JOB DUTIES //
- This position will own the front-end development of our eCommerce platforms and play an integral role in creating a digital user experience that reflects the continued growth of our e-commerce business.
- Work in collaboration with our Global UI/UX designers & Marketing teams on project scope, timelines & requirements to build out fully responsive and mobile-first web experiences that align with our business goals.
- Take design concepts and build them into fully responsive consumer-friendly website experiences with a strong focus on increasing conversions.
- Be a strong communicator across the marketing and e-commerce teams on design frameworks and implementation.
- Be a champion of continuous improvement initiatives including site speed, UX/UI, and compliance.
- Act as the lead contact with third-party solution providers on integrating these solutions into our business.
- Work closely with the business analyst team to develop and clarify solutions.
- Own and drive e-commerce re-platforming and rollouts
Maintenance & Support
- Increase traffic and conversion and user experience
- Maintain and support digital solutions related to our digital business
- Development best practices are at the forefront to provide robust and secure solutions.
- Utilize analytics to ensure all site enhancements comply with usability guidelines and user-centric best practices.
- Manage website-rich content areas in-line and in time with campaign roll-outs and product delivery.
- Ongoing review and management of sites to ensure best practice, site optimization, and positive user experience.
- Participate in testing and defect management.
- Activate brand and product campaigns in all channels online with a goal to increase conversion of content to sales.
- Update website content as required.
- Support regional content rollout.
- Support the eCommerce team to achieve agreed sales budgets for RCU eStore.
- Support the digital teams with successful rollout on time and on budget of digital initiatives.
- Support Digital Marketing team to achieve metrics for RCU online store.
WHAT WE’RE SEARCHING FOR //
- 3-5+ years as a professional front-end developer in an e-commerce environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of development methodologies and performance best practices.
- Experience in building complex UI’s to support both customer and business objectives
- Solid understanding of design and web practices, standards and knowledge of strength and limitations, and modern frontend development methodologies and best practices.
- Understanding of the complexities of cross-browser / device capabilities.
- Strong skills in interaction design, information architecture, usability evaluation, and emerging technologies.
- Experience with CMS, Email Marketing tools, Social Media platforms, and other digital marketing and e-commerce tools such as SalesForce Marketing Cloud, Campaign Monitor or equivalent.
- Web interface design, video, mobile, websites, html5, UX, typography and layout design, responsive design, email marketing, and social media.
- Magento and PHP experience highly desirable
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to think laterally and contribute to problem-solving.
- Well-developed analytical and investigative skills.
- A passion for the detail and appreciation of the craft of your profession.
RAD PERKS //
- Generous employee product benefits and discounts
- Health benefits
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Fun work environment
- Company events
- Flexible Working
- Summer hours all year long!