EUROSIMA Sponsors Young Entrepreneurs
For the 2nd year in a row, EUROSIMA will be launching a call for applications for young entrepreneurs interested in getting sponsored by experienced business owners or executives.
For the past few years, EUROSIMA has seen an increasing amount of new companies arrive in the Action Sports industry. This new wave of youth is a reality even within the association itself: in the past 2 years, there has been an increase of 50% of new members from companies less than 3 years old. Today, 84 members are in that situation, for which the association offers ever more custom services to help boost their development.
SPONSORSHIP, A GROWTH BOOSTER
Facts show that business creators who have received some form of assistance in the first few years have a higher rate of success than the average. That is why EUROSIMA decided to call on business owners and higher executives from within the industry to provide volunteer support for one year to young entrepreneurs.
It is truly a unique opportunity to develop skills thanks to highly experienced sponsors who share their expertise and open up their network to their proteges.
Each step of the way during the program, the young companies will enjoy key advice to maximise their potential and boost projects.
In addition to this assistance and support, young entrepreneurs in the program will also be given the opportunity to promote their name and settle into the Action Sports industry through the following actions:
• Free renewal of EUROSIMA membership for one year,
• The option to take part and be showcased during the association’s key events: the annual Waterman’s Ball and Surf Summit,
• The opportunity to exhibit products and services in the Surfing Lounge, which showcases expertise and innovation in the Action Sports industry,
• A free booth in the “Crème Fraîche” area dedicated to emerging Action Sports businesses at upcoming Sport Achat Nantes trade show on September 18th and 19th,
• The possibility of getting loans at low rates and funding from the Crédit Coopératif.
APPLICATIONS AND SELECTION PROCESS
The application file can be downloaded from the wesbite www.eurosima.com. All applications must be completed and submitted by email by July 7th, 2017 at the latest to: email@example.com.
The EUROSIMA board will meet in July to select two successful applications that will be evaluated based in criteria of financial viability, innovative drive as well as the company’s efforts to take into account impacts on the local economy and the environment.
Only companies that meet the following three requirements may submit applications to the program:
• To be a EuroSIMA member in 2017,
• To have been created no longer than 3 years ago,
• To offer manufacturing, distribution or services activities within the European Action Sports industry.
WHAT IS EUROSIMA?
Created in 1999, EUROSIMA is the association of European Action Sports manufacturers. Its aim is to federate the various players in the Action Sports industry and to promote the industry’s authenticity. This non- profit association defends the industry’s interests with genuine neutrality, guiding it towards innovation and encouraging economic development. It helps companies reinforce their talent and maximise human ressources. Today, EuroSIMA has 180 member companies, which represent 3500 employees and 1.5 Billion euros in turnover.