Boardriders Latest People Moves: Hiring Wave at Levy Group and More
Jeff Brusven to the Levy Group
“Honestly, I could not be more enthusiastic about the future with this group and these best-in-class brands,” Brusven said. “Levy’s capabilities with product, sourcing, and industry expertise is frankly why I joined. They have a thoughtful strategic approach to the action sports business, and have already shown incredible commitment to the specialty channel. All of which is especially important, as our main objective is to maintain brand integrity without compromising distribution or product quality.”
Brusven originally joined Quiksilver Inc. in August 2016 to head up snow sales for North America. A veteran of the snow industry, he also served in various sales positions at The North Face, Sole Technology, and Burton Snowboards.
“I am proud of the entire team at Boardriders for what we have accomplished the past several years, despite an onslaught of business headwinds,” Brusven said. “I’d like to thank all of the brand founders and founding employees of these brands for their undying influence and support.”
Brusven went on to say, “While its bittersweet moving on from Boardriders’ legacy brands, I am looking forward to the next chapter with this powerful group of individuals who I know are ready to take these brands to another level.”
More Levy Group Hires
Brusven’s appointment comes amid a raft of what he described as “strong talent” joining him at the Levy Group, including:
- Sasha Hartloff – vice president of sales, swim; former director of Roxy specialty sales
- Gretchen Anderson – sales planning manager; former senior planner at Quiksilver
- Megan Sigourney – e-commerce sales director; former Roxy key account manager, e-commerce wholesale accounts
- Zach Holsombach – VP merchandising & design men’s action sports; former product manager/merchandiser for Quiksilver Snow
- Kelly Messia – creative director action sports; former senior snow designer at DC Shoes
- Kelsey Elmore – associate account executive; previously sales and marketing coordinator at Rumpl and former Roxy sales rep
- Hannah Conner – VP merchandising & design women’s action sports; former director of merchandising, Roxy lifestyle & performance
- Shadia Nesicolaci – merchandising manager swimwear women’s action sports; former Roxy regional merchandiser
- Jules Manfredi – director of product development; former Future Stitch product development ops and innovation manager and former Billabong senior global product developer for wetsuits and wetsuit accessories.
Tiffany Ly to Vuori
Tiffany Ly accepted a position at Vuori as a women’s product developer at the fast-growing activewear company.
The former Roxy product developer joined Vuori Aug. 21 just ahead of the official close of the Boardriders sale.
The long-time product developer has worked for several companies over the past decade, with previous experience that includes sourcing groups to develop private label and SMUs for Tilly’s, Nordstrom, Target, Costco, and other accounts. Ly was also a product developer at TravisMathew.
Editor Note: With the acquisition of Boardriders now completed, we are hoping to keep track of where former Boardriders employees are going next.
If you are moving on to another position, feel free to email us the following details to include in subsequent roundups:
- Former job at Boardriders
- New job – title, company, start date
- Photo of yourself
- Short career history