Ryan Wist to Xcel Wetsuits as VP of Global Sales
“We are excited to bring Ryan Wist on board at Xcel to help navigate the changes we are seeing in the surf industry,” said Jarka Duba, CEO of Xcel parent Wedge Brands. “Ryan’s long-term experience across many areas of the category will be key in consolidating our position in the market.”
Wist’s appointment follows a flurry of industry executive moves in recent weeks, including:
- Paul Harvey, who left Rip Curl for a brief stint as Xcel VP of global sales. Harvey parted ways with Xcel shortly after joining in July. He accepted the vice president of specialty sales position at O’Neill Clothing, officially starting his new role Monday.
- Last month Courtney Kincaid joined Salty Crew, where he was named vice president of sales. Kincaid had previously served as head of sales at Xcel.
- Former O’Neill specialty sales executive Ryan Mangan joined Quiksilver North America licensee O5 Apparel as senior vice president and general manger.
- Former O’Neill VP of Sales Lindsay Henkels accepted the position of senior vice president of sales for Catalyst’s men’s and women’s branded division, which includes Party Pants.
- Brad Blankinship, formerly the global general manager of Quiksilver, has left to become president of golf company TaylorMade.